As my CV so modestly puts it, I’m:
- an ideas originator/developer with a print journalism background and a track record of successful commissions and fund-raising via broadcasters, sponsorship and government agencies (viz the BAI Sound & Vision Fund);
- strong on finding and persuading people to take part;
- comfortable working alone or as part of a team, in-studio or on location, live or pre-recorded;
- proficient on Pro Tools, Audition, Hindenburg and Radioman;
- a holder of a full driver’s licence and a surprisingly decent national and international contacts book;
- social media savvy and an all round good egg.
And like everyone else in this business, I’m always on the lookout for good ideas so if you think you have one that could cut the broadcasting mustard let’s have a coffee.
Career highlights? In my almost 30 years in broadcasting there have been many: