My luckiest career break may well have been a literal one. It happened 40 years ago this month. I could be a very happy headmaster somewhere now if it hadn’t happened. Though I suspect my break really was for the best.
The seventh media-friendly Off Message podcast – Off Message #50 overall…hurrah! – is with Nadine O’Regan, Books and Arts Editor and current (no relation) Off Message columnist with the Sunday Business Post.
During our chat, Nadine discussed how it felt to recently have her long-running Today FM show, Songs In The Key Of Life, rather unceremoniously dropped by the station; her own not insignificant role in the globally successful West Cork podcast; growing up in a household steeped in print journalism; her own very peculiar roundabout route into the business, and much more.
The debut Off Message podcast, featuring the media-related wit and wisdom of RTÉ 2fm’s music-and-movie-mad Dave Fanning.
Over the course of our chat Dave reminisces about his almost completely accidental career journey; how his RTÉ career hasn’t exactly gone to plan; whether he’d ever ask U2 the hard questions; his unconventional advice for succeeding in the media world, and at a typical Fanning rate of knots, of course much, much more.
Most Recent Off Message posts
- Podcast 14: Trust Me, I’m A Journalist – Off Message 61 November 20, 2019
- Podcast 13: Baz Ashmawy – Off Message 60 September 11, 2019
- Collectors’ Items: On The Importance Of Archives – Off Message 59 July 24, 2019
- Podcast 12: Lise Hand – Off Message 58 June 12, 2019
- Podcast 11: Seamus Dooley – Off Message 57 May 7, 2019