My luckiest career break may well have been a literal one. It happened 40 years ago this month. I could be a very happy headmaster somewhere now if it hadn’t happened. Though I suspect my break really was for the best.
When Radio Eireann had a monopoly on Irish airwaves pirate radio was the only realistic outlet for the majority of folk with any broadcasting ambitions.
Including yours truly.
Most Recent Off Message posts
- Podcast 12: Lise Hand – Off Message 58 June 12, 2019
- Podcast 11: Seamus Dooley – Off Message 57 May 7, 2019
- Podcast 10: Philip O’Connor – Off Message 56 March 5, 2019
- You Couldn’t Make It Up: Its Long and Winding Road – Off Message 55 January 15, 2019
- Podcast 9: Peter Feeney – Off Message 54 December 18, 2018